Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Earworm: Always Be My Baby

Two days in a row! I'm on a roll.

Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby" came out at some point during my first two years of college. I don't feel like looking up the year, but remember seeing the video in various dorm and commons rooms that I associate with a specific group of people, so I'm leaning toward freshman year. That doesn't really matter, as I'm only in contact with a few. I really wish that I could track down Angela and Peter, but extremely common surnames make Facebook searches very unsuccessful. Ah well. Maybe some day I'll randomly run into people with whom I briefly attended school in Wisconsin now that I live in a completely different part of the country.

I remember loving "Always Be My Baby" upon its release, which went completely against my musical sensibilities. I think I remember Da Brat being in the music video and something about the two of them catching fireflies. This was before Mariah Carey went batshit crazy. Wait, did she go batshit crazy? I don't keep up with pop musicians at all anymore and don't feel like looking that up either. She's the one who married Nick Cannon, whom I don't know from where his frame stems, right? Either way, her music isn't my scene.

Earworm for June 18, done and done.


No comments: