Monday, June 17, 2013

Earworm: Satellite of Love

Well, this certainly came out of nowhere. An earworm appears to the point that I feel like writing something! I had planned on transforming this into a toy blog where I would interview my wife while she unboxed new toys, but my collecting days have mostly dried up. Nothing has really sparked my writing interest since then.

So what's new? In the nearly 25 months since my last post, my wife was transferred to Atlanta so I came along for the ride. I'm much happier here than I was there, now having things to actually do. Bands play here, and although I don't get to see as many as I would like, there is something constantly going on. That is absolutely fantastic.

Let's see, what else? Leaving Knoxville got me out of the string of post-college, dead-end jobs that had plagued me since graduation, and I have actually found one where I can thrive and that I actually enjoy. There's never a dull moment. The only downside is that I'm staring at a computer screen all day, every day and my waistline has expanded as a result. I'm happy though.

Back to the subject of this post, I have "Satellite of Love" by Lou Reed stuck in my head. I don't know where it came from, but it won't go away. I'm not complaining. There isn't much else to say

Oh, and Spotify makes it a lot easier to track down songs to post. Hooray!

Let's see how this goes. Maybe I'll start writing this thing again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice.... welcome back